Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome! No, I don't bite.

Hello world! To all of the scientists who clicked on this link because the blog title makes no sense - congratulations! You are absolutely right. To everyone else who stopped by because the blog name sounded complicated but fun to say - welcome! Don't worry, this blog won't be as incomprehensible as it sounds (I hope).

For anyone interested, the title comes from when I was learning about molecule naming at the beginning of Organic Chemistry. For some reason, the name popped into my head and stuck. There can be no such molecule as methyl ethyl aldehyde, by the way, which is part of the reason I love it. The name just flows. Anyway, I vowed that day that someday I would discover a molecule and name it methyl ethyl aldehyde, no matter what the compound actually was, just so that future students would puzzle and gripe about it. Having since decided that this was a stupid plan, I decided it would make a decent blog title instead.

The title and the story behind it should actually be pretty indicative of how I think - I'm a scientist at heart with a lack of common sense and an overgrown sense of repressed mischievousness. Some of this blog will be science but the vast majority of it won't be. If that sounds appealing to you (or even if it doesn't), you're welcome to come by here any time you'd like.

1 comment: