Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life in a Day

After fighting with Adobe Premiere Elements 4 for a few hours, I finished my project.  More to come soon now that I've re-overcome my mild distaste for editing video (to be fair, I think I shot more than 80 video clips for this project.  I had a right to not want to deal with that).  I still haven't figured out why YouTube is lowering the quality of my video, but I'm going to work that out ASAP and re-upload when the problem is fixed.  Anyway, this is my life in a day.


I'm hoping to get less awkward on camera with time.  I think I'm on my way, though.  Just got to take myself a little less seriously, because it worked when I did.

2 comments:

  1. Julia, you are so, so beautiful, inside and out (and not just on days you're feeling particularly like a girl).

    The most frightening part of growing up and proceeding from childhood to adulthood is coming to terms with the fact that we may not do what we dreamed of doing. We must make choices, and only realize some of our infinite potential. The compensation for these lost dreams, I think, is that life will give us people and experiences that we could not have imagined. Had we had the knowledge and capability to dream them when we were children nodding off to sleep at night, that's what we would have chosen to dream of.

    Thanks for catching my attention, and for sharing some of your loves and fears with me (and the rest of your audience). They speak to some of the deepest loves and fears within the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very honest video. It seems like you've hit your stride on this vlogging thing-- all the sections flow together really well, and I particularly like the fact that in most parts either you or the background are moving (like, you're walking, or in a hammock, or showing us things from your purse.) Makes it feel more active, and less talking-head-y. I like that.

    Anyway, many kudos!

    (Also, I totally feel you on the Fear Of Scientific Inadequacy. I've definitely got a bit of apprehensiveness going on about heading to grad school this fall, since there are SO MANY smart people there. What if I don't measure up? What if I end up forced into an unproductive career? What if I flunk out of Advanced PChem?! Madness, I tell you. Madness.)

    ReplyDelete