Monday, July 12, 2010

VidCon: The Aftermath

Best time of my life.  Maybe Disney World tied for best.  Maybe.

The next several days are all going to be about documentation.  Tomorrow I compile all my memories and post about the first half of day 1.  Then I'll post about the night of day 1.  And so on.

The most important thing you should know is that I'm serious about the YouTube/Nerdfighter community now.  As soon as I get my new camera, I'm going to start posting video.  Good quality, planned out, well-edited video.  I've been writing down ideas for ages.  I hope that you all will support me in my endeavors.  I really can't remember the last time I was this driven to do anything.  I may even buy a cheap ukulele off of Amazon and learn how to play it so I can try my hand at songwriting (Dear Mom and Dad: Yes, I have a guitar.  No, I never really learned to play it.  But it's at home and not very portable.  Also, right now I have time to learn ukulele and it's more conducive to the type of songs I'm thinking about.  And I'm going to practice the guitar when I get home in a few weeks).

I'm on Twitter now in a serious fashion at twitter.com/tropegirl.  Follow me there if you'd like, but don't feel you have to.  And I'm not going to lie, I'd feel a little better about myself if my YouTube channel had some subscriptions and/or comments (youtube.com/tropegirl).  BUT DON'T FEEL FORCED INTO ANYTHING.  The last thing I want is to pressure you guys.

DFTBA,
Julia

2 comments:

  1. I CANT WAIT TO HERE ABOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought your use of the "1" in the first paragraph was to denote which order you were going to do things in.

    1. I'm going to write about velociraptors.
    1. I won't get eaten by velociraptors.
    1. Velociraptors --> zombies
    1. I will be zombie-velociraptor king.

    Not necessarily the most useful in terms of getting things done, but it is rather amusing.

    (I'm sorry, but the rest of this comment has nothing to do with your post.) The numbering system outlined above reminds of the time when my family got our kittens. We couldn't decide on names for them, so my brother suggested that we call one of the kittens "1" and the other kitten "A" so that we didn't introduce a hierarchy and make one kitten feel inferior.

    That is what I thought you did. That is what I have done.

    Velociraptor king, anyone?

    (Also, my spellcheck is saying that "velociraptor" is not a real word. Now it's saying that "spellcheck" isn't a real world, which it isn't. It needs a hyphen.)

    ReplyDelete