Monday, June 21, 2010

How To Deal with Alien Drug Lords

Before I begin the post proper, I would like to point out that right now, on the evening of the solstice, I am sitting outside in a hammock on a comfortably cool night with a light breeze.  I can faintly hear the sounds of happy volleyball players several hundred feet away, the waxing moon is shining bright in a cloudless sky, and I have a full WiFi signal.  No matter what small unhappinesses I face day to day, my life is beautiful right in this moment.

And now for something completely different: a story about an alien drug lord.

I have twice previously mentioned the ongoing story of my GURPS roleplaying character, Captain Luke Roberts.  On the second and final night of the campaign, a great deal of sneaking around and listening at doors led to a final confrontation with a winged alien drug lord.  I learned a few things from that confrontation.  Here, then, is a how-to guide for dealing with alien drug lords:

DO tell the drug lord that when two of his underlings attacked you, you temporarily incapacitated them with your bolas and were so able to end the encounter without killing or permanently injuring them.

DON'T tell him in the interest of full disclosure that three of his other alien subordinates also attacked you in the fight and had to be killed in self-defense.  It will get people shot in the arm.

And...that's about it.  But really, is there anything else to know?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if Tehret had made his roll instead of squeaking by, it would have been in the head, not the arm. XD

    ReplyDelete