Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I just wanted to take a nap, that's all...

This evening, I tried to take a nap in the hour before my friend was going to call about fixing dinner.  This is what happened instead.

First, the formerly-latent creative part of my brain decided to start spouting off ideas really urgently...AGAIN.  It seems to hibernate while I'm awake and then wake up with a bang as soon as I try to fall asleep.

Photobucket

Then I noticed the drummers outside.  They drummed a really repetitive rhythm almost non-stop for at least an hour or an hour-and-a-half.

Photobucket

Then my fridge decided to act up.  While it is useful to have a fridge acting as a makeshift bedside table, I clearly didn't think the consequences all the way through before I put it right next to my bed.

Photobucket

Finally, just when I was starting to filter out the distractions and drift off, the phone rang.  C'est la vie.

(and then I found five dollars)

P.S.  First person to point out the pop-culture reference in this blog wins imaginary internet cookies!

Edit: I have to give half-points for Fat Albert and "Hey hey hey", but that's actually not the reference I was thinking of.  Also, in terms of the reference, I ONLY want the name of the show (there are people reading who do not need any spoilers).  I'll know if you actually know what I'm talking about (as opposed to a shot in the dark) by who you are.

8 comments:

  1. :D julia.. you are funny. and so is your brain!
    i am sorry about the phone call... but i am so super psyched that i made it onto ze blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... "here come the drums" sounds a lot like "here comes the sun," but there is no "doo doo doo-doo" afterwards, so I don't win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fridge could also be Fat Albert.

    Also, congratulations! Your drawings are getting better! Daw, look at you. And I agree with what Callie said; you are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally have really awesome ideas when I'm half-conscious. When I wake up, I usually remember just enough to be really glad I /didn't/ write them down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doctor Who, Master arc of course. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doctor Who, naturally! Mo beat me to it, though.

    Hope you can quiet your brain down. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should join a drumming circle. It is a good way to let go...to feel...to imagine...to create...to express...to go absolutely and totally wild...

    TWAIO

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY FAVORITE EPISODE OF THE WHO OF ALL TIME, THAT'S WHAT!

    ReplyDelete