Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Here, have some trivia

In case I can't get another entry up before midnight, I have one here.  In my defense, I have a final due tomorrow.  I also have O. Chem on Friday, so if I have any really high quality blog posts up before then (and by that I mean pretty lame MS Paint drawings), come over and smack me with a pillow for procrastinating.

Interesting fact of the day: Pelagia was a prostitute/actress in the early A.D. years who converted to Christianity and then ran off disguised as a man to slowly starve herself to death as a monk.  When they found out she was a woman, they tried to hide that fact, but the truth came out and she became a very celebrated religious figure.  If you want a more traditionally badass early Christian heroine, check out Perpetua, a young mother, daughter, and wife who went through a really interesting martyrdom.  Why yes, I am writing about both of these women in my essays due tomorrow - what of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment