Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's Sunday!

Because it's Sunday, I'm taking the chance to do only a small post instead of a huge one.  Don't worry, my time is being well spent doing research for my internet video thing.  There's been quite a bit of evolution in the project recently, as the trope videos are turning into more of a side project to my newer videos.  I'm not going to say too much about it (I'm a bit paranoid about getting my ideas stolen), but basically I'm retooling the videos I was going to make so that I can submit them to Channel Awesome, which many of you may know as the home of the Nostalgia Critic.  As my mantra has been for months now, if I can script well and make some decent funny (that's the hard part, but I'm figuring out a decent system), I think I have a shot.  

Anyway, the thought for today is really just an observation I had as a child.  When I was watching Teletubbies one day (YES I WATCHED TELETUBBIES.  GO AHEAD, MOCK AWAY), I noticed that if I turned the volume up on the TV, I continued to feel the need to increase the volume.  However, if I decreased the volume slowly, I could eventually bring the volume down to very low levels without losing any understanding of what was being said.  My ears adjusted to the reduced volume quite quickly.  The urge to continue turning down the volume in the latter situation turned out to be much stronger than the need to turn up the volume in the former situation.  Has anyone else ever noticed this effect?

Finally, a video which everyone should see and which most of you have probably already seen: Kirby meets Snoop Dogg.

1 comment:

  1. ... now that you mention it, yes! I never realized before that I am continually more inclined to turn the volume down rather than up. However, this is only if I am with alone or other people who are doing things very quietly. Otherwise, then I want to turn the volume up so I can a) hear what's on the T.V. b) let the other people know that I'm intentionally ignoring them.

    ReplyDelete