Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In which Trope Girl gets confused about Google Analytics and writes a lot about it

I have this blog being analyzed for traffic and hits by Google (I'M WATCHING YOU) and I've been surprised to find that among the expected referrals from the "Next Blog" button from blogger.com and the direct hits from my friends, I got a referral from an adult toys blog.  Um, what?  According to my research, this means that my blog was linked on that page and someone clicked on it.  Wait.  Actually, I can't tell if the referrals from blogger.com are from the next blog button or from the dashboard.  Relative percentages would seem to indicate the former because I can't...

[distracted pause as I check stats for the fifteenth or sixteenth time]

Well bugger all.  It looks like I just can't read Google Analytics very well.  I guess that many of you are just coming in from your dashboards and that the one hit I got from the adult toys blog was the "next blog" button in action.  I was getting all excited about the mystery of it too.  On the positive side, it looks like a couple unique visitors are still rolling through (most likely just those of you who didn't visit until the second day I had Google Analytics running).  I dream of the day when there will be so many visitors that Google Analytics will implode under the pressure of incoming data and I won't ever have to worry about reader numbers and referrals ever again.  AHAHAHAHA right.  But it's good to blog anyway.  This might not be the only post today - I feel that a disjointed ramble-session regarding statistics is probably not the best way to maintain interest in this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment